Thursday, May 17, 2007

I accidentally* ditched Grandma for...

The A.C. Gilbert Childrens Discovery Center?



In my defense*, when we talked on Tuesday she had neither confirmed nor denied whether or not she was actually coming to Central Oregon today. Thursday. So, we proceeded with our plans to go to Salem for a Day of Fun.


Here's the story on the museum: this A.C. Gilberty guy? Invented the erector set. The erector set! I also think I saw somewhere that he is credited with "saving" toys during World War 1 but I feel the need to do a bit more research on that. Anyway, to honor and commemorate this Salem native, the brilliant folks who decided to build a children's museum in his honor also built a giant oudoor play structure that looks exactly like a giant erector set.


Yeeeahh. I'll stop saying erector set now.


Okay, so it totally looks like one when you're there. Truly. Plus, it's two-story AND kid and adult friendly and quite possibly the most fun I've had since the 19-bottle-of-wine weekend.



Cameron sure had fun.



Happy Birthday, Ethan!


Can you see that? That ball is floating in mid-air... in the Laballatory!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home