Sunday, January 14, 2007

Taking a Friend's Advice


In this post, a friend reminded me to stop and smell the roses every now and then.

I just so happened to do that this past Friday, a crisp winter day in Bend. Having lived here for six winters now, I have rarely seen any part of Mirror Pond freeze, since there is such a strong current that runs through it, which continues the Deschutes River along its long path through Oregon.

But on Friday, I glanced at Mirror Pond while I was waiting for my car to warm up and noticed that a small section of the pond had frozen over. And, to add to the amazement, the ducks that normally winter in the pond were trying to cope with this weather phenomenon. In what turned out to be quite a show, they continued their regular ducky lives: walking along the ice instead of swimming, flying from one place to another and attempting to land while skating across the ice, twirling and knocking other ducks over as they went.

It was truly a hilarious five minutes. I'm glad that I listened to my friend's advice. It put me in a great mood for the rest of the day and the weekend ahead.


And now, a word from Cameron:

pppppppppppppppppppppop

1 Comments:

Blogger Mangy Moose said...

It was a pretty picture too! Kudos to you, my friend! I'm glad you got a little laughter relief in the midst of your busy day. Congrats on getting another room done...Camerone must love it!

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home