Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Potty Training 100. Yes, we're going backwards here.

If Potty Training 101 can be described as "making sure your child is ready," surely Potty Training 100 surely should have been "make sure the parents are ready." Jeromy and I missed that class somewhere along the way. We sure weren't ready for this.

How is it possible that you can place your child on the $28 Baby Bjorn potty contraption with removable pee-pee receptacle and fancy pee shield, sit there and read the Dora Potty Book and Once Upon a Potty five times each, then watch your child announce that he's done, pull up his pants, walk four feet to the east and pee his pants? Right in front of you? Gosh.

I WANT A POTTY MIRACLE!!!

So, we're three days into what Ruth promises to be two weeks of hell. Jeromy is self-medicating with Copenhagen, I'm self medicating with Rice Krispie treats from Costco. We'll keep you posted on our goings on from the potty front lines.

On a slightly different note, I resigned from my job today. I am very anxious to begin my career in the mortgage/financial planning and securities business but was hoping to be able to hold out until the end of the year. Hurricane Katrina had other plans for me, and while I know she's devastated so many others' lives, she put too much stress on my organization-- an organization already suffering from too little staff, too little momentum and too little money. My job has become increasingly frustrating in the last six/nine months and this disaster exacerbated shortcomings already tearing at our weakened structure. So as to not leave my organization in its greatest time of need, I'll hopefully be staying on until October 31 but will wait for word from my ED on that.

I STILL WANT A POTTY MIRACLE!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home