Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Like a House of Cards

I didn't realize it until Jenny Meyer pointed it out to me a couple of weeks ago: I'm an all-or-nothing kind of girl. I like a frenzied pace. I like my life to be busy, energized, full of comings and goings to keep me up from 6:30 am to midnight only to get up the next day and do it all over again. I have also learned that, once one card goes, the whole house can come down, which is what happened in late September and early October. And, admittedly, which is why I haven't been keeping up on the blog. But I digress.

It started in September, with Cameron's change from daycare to preschool/daycare. Shortly after that, we started potty training (the discussion of which is even starting to bore me, so I'll shut up already). Then I started researching opportunities with WFG. Then I quit my job. Then I decided that we should take advantage of the real estate market and decided to put our Bend home up for sale. It sold in 64 hours. Then I realized I needed to get into a rental- and quick- because we now close on November 22 and our new house won't be finished until LATE spring/early summer. Then our permits came back from the city of Redmond and we poured concrete and had the underfloor framing done late last week/early this week on our new house.

So that's it-- new school, new job and new house all in, oh, eight weeks. I figure I'll have time to sit and reflect on all of this in December, just in time for the holidays and THAT crazy schedule. But we're moving forward, changing, evolving as a little family and I think that's good. Our sense of stability comes in knowing that we are making progress and making good choices for our family and for our future and so, however scary and downright crazy things seem right now, the end result will be worth it.

More to follow! I really will get back on track with my blogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home