Sunday, September 03, 2006

New Horizons


So, after weeks of thinking and contemplating and waiting for the right opportunity, it finally came along. I work here now, as the accountant/office manager for downtown Bend's Tower Theatre Foundation. The job description is shockingly similar to what I did for Red Cross, only in a new industry and with a few more responsibilities. So I very much look forward to immersing myself in the arts community of Bend and learning/growing professionally as I surround myself with new co-workers, directors and community members.

As Cameron starts at his new school and I start at my new job, Jeromy will be taking on new responsibilities as well. I guess since we're pretty much through with the house he feels that he's up for yet another challenge, so he will be teaching to plumbing apprentices this year as part of their classroom requirement. Every Tuesday and Thursday night through the collegiate calendar, Jeromy will be at Redmond High School with twenty-odd apprentices as they wander through plumbing code and tactfully avoid any and all math. He's been threatening to do this for years now, and since Cameron is getting older and since we're less than ten minutes away from RHS now, it seems like the perfect time for him to give it a try.

This is the final weekend before we start on all of our "new" adventures, so we've been trying to wade through some of the big projects still left to do on the house. Yesterday and today's goal was two-fold: organize and sort through the mess in the garage and find my greencard for work next week. We've spent two days on the garage and it still looks like a bomb went off in there, but I have to say it's getting there. I searched for my greencard for quite a while today, and although I found lots of Dutch Brothers Coffee Cash and more chapstick than I know what to do with, I still haven't found my greencard. Appears I put it in a very safe spot. Tomorrow we will be finishing up on the garage, as well as getting some of our artwork up on the wall and putting up the rest of the window blinds. Sarah and Carey are coming over for dinner as well, so that will be nice.

Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home