Monday, September 18, 2006

What Angela Got This Weekend




Phew! It's been exhausting. And we didn't even drive to and from Sunday's wedding in Albany like we were supposed to. Like we said we would, back when we RSVP'd years ago.

The problem is that we get booked in September. Like, four-conflicting-things-at-a-time booked. I don't quite know how it happens, but it does. Now that Cameron is older, we're able to skip a few naps here and there, so that we can divide and conquer. This weekend, Jeromy got to take Cameron and his brother's family to sight in their rifles at the shooting range (well, actually, out in the middle of nowhere) on Saturday night while I attended a fundraiser for these fine folks: http://www.healingreins.org ... for which I'd also RSVP'd years ago.

But first! I visited our local Harry and David's where I picked up this lovely little number.


I am slightly in love with my new scone pan. Is that wierd?

After my delightful purchase, I headed to Vaccaroville to meet the girls so that we could all travel to Faith Run Farms and the Healing Reins fundraiser called Diamonds and Dust. It's called Diamonds and Dust because (in addition to holding both a live and silent auction) they have, for six years, been tempting people into winning a diamond by selling flutes of champagne. The trick is that the flutes are all lined up on a couple of tables (easily 200 of them to choose from) and when you pay your money, you get to pick your flute. The flutes each have a small cubic zirconia in the bottom of them but! wait!.... one of them actually has a half carat diamond in it.

So, being the team player that I am (great cause! What's wrong with four glasses of champagne?) I bellied up and consumed more champagne in that one night than in the previous ten years combined. I also bid on an auction item and won. After the auction was over, my friend Lyndie took our "diamonds" to the jewler to have them checked while I waited in line to pay for my auction item. The line was ridiculously long and so I struck up a conversation with the lovely couple behind me. Who got to witness me, in my champagne-induced excitement, jumping up and down when Lyndie came up to me to tell me that I had actually won this:


I think I also let out an explitive or two and had the whole tent wondering just how many glasses of champagne did that woman buy?

Then, on Sunday, I also got these installed:

Sadly, *finally* getting window treatments up in my house comes a close second to winning a .55 carat diamond.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home