Saturday, October 14, 2006

Elk Camp Widow

After several years of trying to hunt Elk In Oregon, Jeromy has thrown in the towel and fled to the mountains of Idaho. He's joining my dad and "that group" for several days in some mountain Shangri-La, where apparantly (or so I've heard) there is running water, a great group of conversationalists, and a better chance at bagging an elk than anywhere in Oregon.

My husband's luck being what it is, I won't hold my breath.

Besides, we really have no freezer room for an entire elk. Seriously.

So while Jeromy is having his fun in another state, Cameron and I will hang out here at the house. It will be so great to continue our mother/son bonding experience so that I can milk every second out of his three-and-a-half-year old existence, store it in my permanent memory forever and daydream about it while at work.

Um, yeah.

First order of business: Mom's Night Out. Once I learned that my friend Tamara's husband was out of town this weekend too, I basically bulldozed through any plans that she might have had for tonight and begged for wine , dinner adult conversation.

She took pity on me. She's a good friend. She's hosting the kids, the babysitter AND buying their dinner. My agenda for this evening consists of the afore-mentioned

1. Wine
2. Dinner
3. Adult Conversation

And Finally,


4. Scone mix from World Market, on account of my secret love affair with my scone pan.



We're only going to be gone for about four hours. We might think of the kids once or twice. Maybe.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mangy Moose said...

I hope they do well! I become an elk widow every year in September and October and it can be a long 2 months. I'll write you more in an email. Hope today goes well for you and Cameron. Love you!

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home