Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Snack Bucket



Tomorrow is Cameron's day to take the Snack Bucket to Pre-K 3. It is also, not coincidentally, his last day at Trinity. (I can actually hear all three of you collectively groan because, you know, here we go again.)

So, yes: short version... yadda yadda yadda... Cameron gets "beat up" at school (my exaggeration) yadda yadda yadda... Cameron is nearly fed peanuts... yadda yadda yadda... Jeromy actually voices this statement: "man, there's a LOT of kids in there when I go to pick him up"...

so ALLRIGHT. ALREADY.

I think I'm in the anger phase right now because I really don't want to leave. But it's the right decision to make.

Right?

Anyhoo... did all of you know that it is now S.O.P in (at least most schools in Central Oregon) for the children in lower-grade classes to alternate and bring a snack into class once or twice a month? I'm all GET OUT because when *I* was a kid, after walking three miles uphill to school in the snow, we didn't get any snacks. In fact, there wasn't even a cafeteria in my school and so I had to go home for lunch every day. Which was fine because all the kids who were bussed in had to sit in their classrooms and eat and who wanted to be one of them?

Another bonus: Days of Our Lives was on every day from 12-1. Which also just happened to be the lunch hour. So here I was, in all my 11-year-old glory, eating my lunch (which my mom had prepared the night before, put on a plate in the fridge, and saran-wrapped until we were ready to eat it) and watching questionably age-appropriate TV in the middle of the damn day. I thought it was great.

Cameron's sticking to the school cafeteria, because God knows what's on TV these days during the lunch hour.


Good bye, awesome school. Don't give up on the Millers just yet. We'll try again in a couple of years. We promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home