Monday, September 25, 2006

Weekend Update

It's fall. Which means the Millers are either travelling, at Oregon State for football games, or canning something. This weekend, we did all three.

A few months ago, when the football schedule was first posted on the internet, we made elaborate plans to have a babysitter over on Saturday so that we could both go to the 1 pm game against the Vandals. We thought it would be perfect for the two of us to go over early in the morning while Cameron stayed home and played with Riley. We would be home at or just after bed time. Perfect, right? HA! After weeks of planning, OSU decided to take some TV money and they moved the game from 1 to 7 pm. I probably could have made it work, except I had this to do:

It took me five hours to chop and it took Lyndie and I about six hours to can a total of four batches of salsa, but they turned out great. Much spicier this year, we think because the peppers had much more of a kick to them vs last year's peppers from Fred Meyer. I yielded 26.5 pints and Lyndie yielded 30, so we had a very productive day. The kids ran around and played in Vaccaroville Park while the men sat around and watched (more) football. Afterwards we took the tired kids and their cranky parents out to dinner and made it home and to bed by 8:30.


And because we apparantly don't have enough trucks in this house, we just had to go get another one at the store. These are die cast and pretty cool, so we're adding to our collection.


Remember me? I'm the Touareg. I've been a little brat lately. I've been in the shop four times over the last three five weeks. This time, I promise I'm working. They're threatening to exchange (with the help of the Oregon Lemon Law) me for a youner, prettier model if I don't shape up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home